We take the safeguarding of Children and Adults seriously at St. Peter and St. Paul's.
If you or someone you are concerned about is in immediate danger, please call the police on 999
We subscribe to national policies of the Church of England with regards to safeguarding Adults and Children and are committed to the following:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Further information can be found in a summary document entitled 'Promoting a safer church' located here. The document confinmring we have readopted the policies for 2022/23 can be read here
You can also read our in depth polices for Adults and Children
If you have any concerns please contact our trained safeguarding officers Mark Draycott (children and young people) or Sophie Sutherland (adults) by e-mail at email@example.com
Alternatively you can reach the Diocesan safeguarding officers
Greg Barry- Lead Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Caroline Smith - Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Anthony Glockling - Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Dr Liza Thompson - Chair of the Diocese of Rochester Safeguarding Advisory Group
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)