Bromley Relief In Need
BRIN was formed in 1973 from an amalgamation of several ancient local charities that have been helping people in Bromley since 1631!
BRIN can offer small grants (usually up to £300) to a person in need living in Bromley.
All requests should be sent from professional third party sponsors such as social workers, healthcare professionals, religious leaders or another charity.
Please see our examples below to see the type of applications that BRIN is likely to approve. To find out more see BRIN’s website here.
- Bedding for a mother on Income support with four children, deserted by her violent husband.
- Washing machine for an incontinent older person.
- Fridge freezer for a disabled person who can't get to the shops and has frozen meals delivered.
- A bed for an elderly person whose flat caught fire.
- A cooker for a lady moving into a flat after fleeing domestic violence.
- Orthopaedic memory foam mattress for someone with a spinal injury.
- A microwave for a mother with learning difficulties to cook hot meals for her children.
- A bed for an 11 year old girl who was sharing her mother's bed.
- Train tickets for a single mother to visit her very homesick eight-year-old son at a special school for disabled in Devon.